Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A little more about me

I have been married for almost 14 years to my hard working man.  We have 5 lively children whom we have homeschooled since the beginning, our oldest being in about 6th grade.  This is my first year not using the curriculum that I have used for over 5 years and it is a bit challenging and freeing at the same time.  I used a unit study that was included all subjects but math.  Now I have to pick and choose for each subject.  The selection is overwhelming, and also exciting. 


 


We started the new year almost 3 weeks ago.  My plan is to do a few weeks, then take a couple weeks off, more like a year round school.  The boys (3 of them, & 2 girls) might benefit from having more breaks.  I am having a hard time getting going each day.  But I do have a plan and a schedule, I just need to stick to it.  I am really aiming for a very fruitful year, with my two youngest, ages 6 & 4, learning to read.  And for my middle boys, 8 & 10 to do more writing and reading. 

1 comment:

MommylovesRJ said...

a welcome!! Hope you enjoy HSB...the community is wonderful!!