My oldest daughter C and I were out shopping today, and one of the items we were looking for was some pretty stationery. We found some notecards with envelopes, but she wanted actual paper with matching envelopes. We were at Mervyns, and since I had found some there in the past, we looked around. C wanted me to ask someone, so I asked a clerk walking by. I asked, "Do you have any stationery?" She looked for a moment then asked, "What is that?" !!! I was speechless for a second, then answered, "For writing letters…." She said they didn’t have any. I suppose in this age of email and text messaging, letter writing is definitely a dying art. I am guilty, myself. Lesson: To make sure my kids know all about letter writing on stationery.
We then went to a Hallmark store but still did not find much to choose from. We will keep trying!
2 comments:
Check out the dollar store on Mt. Vernon. They usually have a nice supply of stationary with envelopes.
I was wondering if they would have any. Thanks! I'll look there.
Post a Comment