Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Homeschool Graduation

My family was invited to the graduation of a homeschooled girl.  I wasn't sure if we would go at first, but then I read a blog post about how encouraging it is.  I wish I could find that post, I can't remember who wrote it!  I am so glad we went.  My husband and I were very encouraged in our homeschooling endeavor.  It was a small class, of about 20 or so, plus several 8th graders, who also graduated.  It was held at  a church.  It was very touching to hear some of the students acknowledging and being very grateful, for their parents' hard work and sacrifice throughout the years.  How they were brought up in the Lord, and how they had that foundation to take out into their various life choices, college, work, ministry.  They were encouraged to continue on in the faith, to continue learning.  Some of them showcased their talents.  Some had 3.5 gpa or higher.  All of them graduated under the  private home school option, in CA.  As the Seniors names were announced, they came forward, and their parents handed them their diplomas.   Then the student would stay on the stage a moment as the announcer read all of their accomplishments, and future plans.  That was really neat.  I loved hearing all of the things they were involved in, music, volunteering, ministry, classes in college, talents, etc.  Many are going on to college.  As the blogger before me posted, I encourage you  to attend a homeschool graduation, if you ever get the chance.

No comments: