Yesterday was our 17th wedding anniversary! We had a wonderful time of Christmas shopping and going out to dinner. That's what you do when you get married on Thanksgiving weekend. :) Here we are at our wedding reception back in November, 1992 in Oregon:
One of the stores we went to yesterday was Costco, "just to see what toys they have". It was almost closing time, so we didn't have much time, but we found this cute thing:
It is an advent calendar. Each of the houses have numbered little doors that open. Even the top of the chimney and the little trees have doors. I am supposed to fill them with surprises. Some of the kids' ideas are candy, money, or Lego people. I better hurry!
Here is the front door open, number 13. We usually just buy the $1 one with the awful chocolate. This will be much more fun. It is just made of styrofoam poster board stuff, but if we are careful, it will last for years. It was only $15! We placed it on our piano. I'll probably change it a bit. The red glass doesn't go. :)
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!
I love that Advent village. I'm going to check it out at Costco tonight. I have an old Christmas tree one that I bought at Starbucks years ago. I'm ready for something pretty.
I remember your Wedding Day with such joy and love. It's been a wonderful journey to go on with the two of you. Then the addition of each little miracle. WOW!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment