A couple of weekends ago, my two oldest and I went down south to work in an Operation Christmas Child processing center. For several years now, we have filled shoeboxes to send to needy kids around the world. This year, friends of ours are volunteers in the organization and invited us to be a part of this great ministry. We worked for a few hours going through the shoeboxes taking out anything perishable or breakable and made sure they were full enough. If not, there were extra things to add to the box. Some of the boxes were so full of great stuff, while others had very little in them. The kids will also get a gospel booklet in their language. Here are a few pics:
This man, named Jim, helped us with our many questions.
Assembly lines:
5 comments:
GREAT! Please post pics on my email so I can print them. Our church has been doing this for many years and I'd like to show them where they are all packed etc. GREAT JOB kids! The LORD is blessing you with each thing you do from the heart.
OOPS great job momma. I didin't mean to leave you out!
What a good opportunity for the kids and you picked an awesome ministry for them to be a part of. My mom has worked for Billy and now Franklin Graham for years. It is always fun to stuff those boxes full for needy children and watch them go out every year!!
I feel so horrible. We've never turned in the one shoebox Christopher packed up in 2005! It's on the top shelf of my closet. He wrote a little letter and included his picture, it was so cute of him. *sigh* Maybe next year!
~Dar
simplydar.wordpress.com
lol! Yes, just take it to a church that collects them, next year. When we got home after delivering our boxes, one of the kids' letter was still on the table. Oh well. :)
Post a Comment