Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

I have decided to try and blog more often.  I started this blog at Blogger over 2 years ago, but never used it.  I am officially using this blog account.  I was at homeschoolblogger for several years and will stop in now and then to keep it active so I don't lose my posts. Would love to transfer it over here, but that will take too much time, I am sure.

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions, but I am this year. 

I am going to read through my Bible in a year, along with my 3 oldest kids.  I'm off to a great start, I read it this morning. :)

I never, ever diet, not since High School have I tried to lose weight!  But at age 48, the pounds are piling up!  So I am going to attempt this so-called easy diet:  The  No S Diet .  No snacks, no sweets, no seconds.  Except on weekends and special days.  I will start on Monday :) 

I must, must start exercising!  Even if it just walking the neighborhood with the kids and dog.  That is my first step.

I want to learn guitar, again.  I got a Takamine guitar in high school from my Uncle Mike.  I took a year class and didn't learn how to play!  My fault, I'm sure.  I tried, but wasn't consistent in practicing.  But I kept that guitar for my future husband. Maybe he will want to play it.  Well, guess what?  He did!  I didn't get married until 12 years after I graduated high school, but I kept that guitar, even storing while I lived in Hawaii and Thailand.  That new husband of mine picked up my old bent guitar and learned to play all by himself, with a few helpful tips from our wonderful friend, Joycie.  It served it's purpose well, and is no longer with us.  E bought a 12 string several years ago, but that is too hard for me. We also have some kid guitars, one that is pretty decent, so I will attempt to practice on that.  Man, I don't even have a picture of that old Takamine.

So here's to a new year and a new blog and new goals!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

You are off to a great start. I love the looks of the No S diet. I may have to try that too. Sounds like something I could actually succeed at.

I was having problems leaving comments at your old blog so I'm glad to see you've moved. :-p

As Living Stones said...

Interesting about my old blog. I just wish I'd done this sooner, it is way easier! Should have listened to you :) I'm sure I'll be asking for help, though.