"Imprisoned in Iran" by Dan Baumann is another amazing testimony of what happens to regular people when they give everything to serve God. What is especially amazing to me is that I actually knew Dan while I was in Thailand. He was serving in Afghanistan at the time, and had stopped in Bangkok, Thailand a couple of times in his travels. And his younger sister, Tina, was one of my leaders in my first YWAM Dicsipleship Training School (DTS). I hadn't heard about his imprisonment until very recently when a friend posted his interview with The 700 Club in Facebook. Then I found his book. Just like in the movies, Dan was pressured to "tell the truth" of why he was in Iran. But the truth wasn't what his captors wanted to hear. But he did tell the real truth and boldly told the entire gospel story in front of the chief guard, as well as everyone in the room at the time!

No comments:
Post a Comment