Thursday, October 12, 2006

26 Years Ago...

on October 9, 1980, my life changed forever.  I was invited to a Christian concert and met the Lord Jesus there.  Two days later, my best friend also met Him, at a bigger concert of the same group.."Fireworks".  A series of events led up to that night.  I had just graduated high school and was about to move to another town.  Before I left, a friend told me his dream, that I was in hell, asking him why he didn't tell me.  He explained what it meant to be a Christian.  I believed immediately, but didn't know what to do.  That fall, as I started college, a fellow classmate mentioned something about praying.  I had been given a flyer about a Christian Club.  She invited me to that club.  The day of the concert, my "moon & star" ring that I'd had for a couple of years, got caught on my car door and broke.  At the small concert, the invitation came and I was sooo ready.  That night at home, I didn't tell my friend.   Two days later, she had a date, but said if he didn't show up, she'd go with me.  He didn't, so she went and today we both are walking with the Lord Jesus and are raising our kids to follow him as well.  I cannot imagine life without Him. 

3 comments:

keldaris said...

Do you want to know where I was on October 9, 1980? Just joking. I'm glad you're walking with Jesus! Catch you later! ~Dar

AsLivingStones said...

You probably weren't even born yet!! ;)

keldaris said...

I'll have you know that I was in the first grade eagerly awaiting my 6th birthday. I loved wearing bionic woman tatoos, wonder woman underoos, a beautiful red dress that was just perfect to twirl in (it was a full circle), and my wonderful clickety black shoes. I loved roller skating everywhere and fear was unknown to me. I remember having a crush on a boy who was a lot taller than me, I was the first 1st grader that figured out how to tell time, and I thought I was really funny. I bet I wasn't. So there! I was born and living life at its fullest for an almost 6 year old.


So, come on over and update your blog!