This morning, we all heard a thump on our front window. My son looked outside, and there was a bird laying on his back, on our front porch. He was struggling to breath, it was so sad. But I was hoping he was just stunned from hitting his head on the window (which wasn't even clean!). Finally, he turned over. That is when I recognized him, a Cedar Wax Wing! They came to our tree last February and they are so cute! (I had to memorize their markings, then found them in our Sibley Bird Guide.) They love the berries in our Chinese Cherry Tree. We decided if he didn't get better after awhile, we would take him to the bird lady on the corner, who cares for wounded birds. Thankfully, he made a full recovery and flew off, after about an hour of sitting there. But I did get a couple of pictures while he was looking better.
1 comment:
Ryan is so glad to hear your cedar waxwing was okay. Beautiful bird.
Post a Comment