Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Time Capsule: Sneak Peak

In one month from today we get to open our time capsule.  I can't believe it has already been 10 years!  When I packed it up, I had 4 kids under 5.  The kids can't wait.  I didn't let them see what I put in it, and they are convinced that they will find some of their long lost toys in there.  It is only a big shoebox, so there is not much in there.  I know of a few things, and honestly, it isn't all that exciting, but I am sure I can't remember everything I put in there!  We have carried the box around with us through 4 different moves.  If I had know I would be blogging about it, I would have made it look prettier.  If you have not done a time capsule, now is a good time!  If your kids will be out of the house in 10 years, it will be a good time to bring them all home for the event.  We will be making another one this January, to be opened in 2020! My youngest will almost be 18!  So stay tuned, on January 1, 2010 we will open the time capsule! Here is the ugly thing unopened and dusty.  I covered our last name with the bookmark.


3 comments:

Daisy said...

What an awesome idea! I can't wait to see what is inside. I'm sure it is packed full of memories.

Mom said...

I am curious too! will tune in :)

KMiller said...

I love your time capsule idea-We will be using that one here! Looking forward to seeing what you put in it too. :)